Friday, April 10, 2009

frailty

My gram fell down and was taken to the ER today. I found out about it while playing on FB, my cousin messaged me to let me know she was headed to the hospital. I just got an update from them that she is being held overnight, but is doing well. She has black eyes, a concussion and due to the fall will most likely lose all of her top teeth. The question we are waiting to get answered is did she black out, thus falling or did she fall and black out. Big medical difference there. Blood work and a CT scan were done, more heart tests being done tomorrow. I am so happy that she is ok, work was hard for the past few hours...sucks being perky when your mind is on crap like that. It drives home to me what frail creatures we are. My gram is in her mid 80's and has lived a healthy life so I would love to think she is going to be around for years to come. In my heart I wish for that, but my mind knows that she is getting older, and yes more frail. This is my last remaining grandparent in my life. I loved all of them, but my gram holds a special place as she lived with us when I was younger. She was there for me so often in my life and I truly hope she knows how very much everything she has done for me means. For now I am going to be thankful for the time I have with her and wait to hear more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment