Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
whom I met through the super fun BookCrossing.com site has given me this cool award.
so according to the rules I now must tell you 7 things about me....
1. I am a die hard Vikings fan and will remain that in spite of the seriously bad time people might give me for it.
2. I own only 13 pairs of shoes, not very girlie in that manner.
3. I have lived in 3 states, but will always call California my heart.
4. I went to the same high school & worked at the same job as Denise Richards.
5. I adore anything Joss Whedon has a hand in.
6. The first rated R movie I ever saw was "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" shame on my mom, eh?
7. In recent months I have become addicted to yoga.
So, now I am to pass it along to 10 bloggers. I only have a few that I follow on a regular basis and 2 of them just did this SO...
a family member who has a fun blog to keep us all updated on the joys of their family lifehttp://jnkkok.blogspot.com/
Thursday, February 3, 2011
I completely adored her first choice
(Depeche Mode's In Your Room)
I have been listening to quite a variety of music lately, as always it depends heavily upon my mood or actions at the time.
In part of my trying to get into better health I have been doing a bit of yoga each day to relax and usually put on a bit of music to have as background noise which is mellow & reflective.
A fave right now is a folk trio whom I adore & have seen about 3 times now in various places, The Wailin' Jennys
Their song One Voice is their version of a peace song & just makes me happy to hear.
Another classic song in the yoga mix is John Lennon's Imagine
Then there is this version of Mad World which was originally done by Tears for Fears, but I love this version by Gary Jules ever so much more!
Then there is this one from Nirvana The Man Who Sold The World which was originally a David Bowie song, but something about how Kurt Cobain sang it just resonates with me.
There are of course many great songs out there, but these are a few of my favorites and I hope that they give you a moment of reflection as they do me!