Monday, August 9, 2010

the more things change the more they stay the same...

Do you ever feel like there are just little signs all around you that you just don't notice until something just flat out hits you in your face? I saw a few old friends lately who seemed so amazed at how my life had changed since we last talked. In retrospect I guess there were signs of wanting a change that i saw, but others around me did not. I left a job I had been at for more than half a decade, a house I lived in for more than a decade. I cleansed memories, too many belongings and even some people out of my life in the course of this period of change. It started with the job, a place were I had not been happy for while yet had not taken the advice I give to others that if you don't like where you work then find a place you do. life is too short to be unhappy over things you CAN control. I found myself much happier over all, but frustrated with my money situation. Finally got that back on track only to have the house situation occur. I loved that little beach side cottage...and always will, but in many ways leaving it was the best thing to happen to me. I was cocooning in that small house in a very small town. I had let my belongings take over my home and the sheer amount of things I gave to friends, sold or donated amazed me and yet it felt so freeing.
I am living in a bigger space and my goal is to get rid of even more stuff so I can really enjoy the freedom of that space. I am hopeful that remembering how it was in the old place will help me in this process. Embrace the change...or as someone famous once said " be the change you wish to see in the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment