Sunday, August 8, 2010

is less really more?

I read an interesting article on consumerism and living with less today. It was sent to me via my dad, who is a big believer in these ideas. Well, I am learning to let go, albeit slowly. Just this past weekend I took 2 car loads of my "stuff" to Goodwill. I had a hard time getting rid of some of my more fabulous items....like my stuffed animals. Yes, I am 38 and own stuffed animals, don't judge me. One of the ones I let go was the hippo I got a child from a trip to the San Diego Zoo which when I was losing my teeth I "pulled" the foam teeth from. I also found a strange picture that a boy I dated for like a minute in hs had drawn.
Some of these things I moved countless times and stored in boxes much to my amazement. I am trying very hard in my new space to have the pieces of art, photos, books and furniture be things that inspire memories and/or have function in my everyday life.
Not going to lie that this attempt to live with less is easy in any way, shape or form. However that is not going to stop me from treading forward in my battle. All I know is that the next time I move I would really like it to be easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment