Thursday, July 30, 2009

more of the same

I feel like of late I have written quite a lot about life and friendships.
The reason is of course that my life, as is the case of many of my friends has been a bit rough in the past year.
What has come out of it is that I have gained some perspective on
what I want from my life.
I first and foremost want to be happy.
This will take me making some changes to a few portions of my life. I live in an amazing place. I have a cute house of perfect size for me, but slightly over run with too much in the way of personal belongings.To put it in perspective people pay for a weekend here what I pay to live in my house for a month!
On the job front I am not working enough to challenge myself or to get ahead.
So, I am looking to find a job that I can enjoy and make enough to slowly
get back to a "happy" financial place.
Next in order of importance is having people in my life who want to be there. In the past 3 months I have had two friends that were dear to me stop communicating to me due to what is going on in their lives. While I understand needing space, when you talk to other friends and include them within your life, but not me it does hurt. I am not by any means saying I am the best friend in the world, but I feel that if people are important to you then you need to let them know.
All in all for me it comes back to two things:
Treat others as you would have them do to you.
Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you will be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
So,I am making the changes that will make me a happier person. In doing so I may find even more to appreciate in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment