Wednesday, February 2, 2011

special

There are some people within my life that are very special to me and make my world a better place just by being a part of it.
I had a phone conversation with one of these people last evening, my bestie.
We have been friends for 30 years and over that time have been through so very much.
As with any friendships we have had exceptionally great times, but also some horribly bad ones.
We had one of those bad periods back in 2009, during which I had doubts we would ever get back to where we had once been.
Some of what happened is just normal changes within a friendship due to people living in different places, having lives headed in opposite directions, but some of it was a lack of trust in each other.
Our phone convo last night started off just doing a little catch up on our previous few days, but turned into a bit of minor friendship therapy!
Honestly do not remember the last time I cried & laughed so much in the same time period.
Other friends of mine, while being quite close to me, have a hard time understanding exactly what we have been through. To be honest sometimes it is hard for me to even grasp.
It is hard to explain how this person has become so enmeshed in my life. We shared many important moments, school, dating, kids, love & loss.
She is the sister of my heart and while we might have fights are disagreements we will always have a place in each others lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment