Wednesday, November 18, 2009

try, try, and try again

I am learning that you truly do not know what you are capable of until you try.
I tend to underestimate myself and my own ability to accomplish things. In the past I let myself get frustrated at certain struggles and even found that I would quit at some things because of this. Now I am trying to push past what others might think of my attempts and do it for myself. I might not succeed, but I feel much better for the efforts.
This past year has brought a series of changes in my life, some small, some larger, but I am finding the person I want to be along this journey.
I feel emotionally and mentally stronger than I was at this same time last year. The people that are in my life are here for a reason, I should take freely what they give to me and embrace the effects they have upon my life.
In all honesty I feel we should make the world a better place for being in it. This is a simple concept really, what little things can you do to enhance the world around you.
Can you take a moment to recycle that bottle of water when you are done enjoying it?
Will you smile at a stranger to brighten their day?
Make a friend smile by calling, emailing or texting them out of the blue, just so they know they were thought of?
All of these things make our world better in minute ways, yet they cost us very little in the way of money, time or effort.
Think about what things you can do in your own circle to create a better world for you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment