Monday, May 2, 2011

a time for celebration?

So, after a quiet day off yesterday recuperating from my bout with strep throat I logged onto my computer to find people celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden.

Now, while I freely admit this was an evil man who in his lifetime did commit countless atrocities against humanity it still pains me to see people celebrating any ones death with such glee.

I feel sad that I saw an image posted on FB last eve of our Statue of Liberty holding a bleeding head of Osama rather than a torch. I feel pride in our military for the brave fight the soldiers have been in and yet I know this is by no means an end to the war within our lives.

I wish for peace, hope for understanding and bless all of those who lost their lives.

2 comments:

  1. this is EXACTLY what i said this morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely with you. I believe justice was served against him for sure...but I take no joy whatsoever in the death of another human being. I think there are so many who would say he's not human and therefore not worthy of the least amount of respect. Those people are the ones who take satisfaction in his death and make jokes like the one you mentioned. I don't mourn him by any means...but the cruelty and hatefulness that people are showing over his death prove that there are a lot of people out there like Bin Laden with hate in their hearts...

    ReplyDelete