Tuesday, November 27, 2012

this is the worst of it...

So, I went on a hike this afternoon and to be honest while I greatly enjoyed it I had to really push myself to get off my ever so comfy couch and GO!
You know how sometimes someone will say to you
 
"this is the worst part of it, get through this and it will be fine after that"
 
well I think the worst part is making the choice.
 
Think about it for a moment...
...to begin you have to make a conscious decision to do it, whatever it might be.
 
As far as diet/exercise it is common knowledge you should eat healthy foods, burn more calories than you take in and exercise at least 3 days a week.
So, we know this right?
Why is it so hard for many of us around the world to actually do these things?
I think it comes down to one small thing, the little voice in our heads.
It can motivate us or de-rail us.
I am trying to listen to my own little voice more when it is trying to push me to get out & get those hikes in or take that favorite class at the gym as I always feel better after doing so. Also trying to ignore the voice when it suggests I can always go tomorrow.
My tomorrow needs to start today, right this very moment.
So, find what works for you...P90X, Zumba, Pilates, CrossFit or just talking a good long hike!
Just make the decision each day that you are worth it and get off the couch and do the thing that works for you!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment