Tuesday, October 5, 2010

happy is as happy does

You ever have one of those days were you are just happy...for no special reason, just happy.
Well, for me I had one of those today.
The day is nothing special really. I mean I have the day off, but that doesn't make it anything to smile about other than I didn't have to go play nice with the customers. I was woken up by my downstairs neighbor's smoke alarm malfunctioning at 7:15 am.
You would think a start like that on a day I COULD sleep in would put my mood in the downturn, but it was kind of amusing.
I stood around chatting with two of my female neighbors and planning a girls night sometime soon for a bit before heading back upstairs. I did some cleaning, watched a movie, played on FB and just relaxed.
It was cool and dreary outside today and it felt nice to not NEED to go anywhere. I guess it just boils down to finally feeling as if I am at a good place in my life. I love my new home, each day I find something else to like about it. I have amazing friends and family. I have a job that pays all of my essential bills. For the first time in a long time it is not about what I do NOT have and more about what I DO have.
Life is just good.

No comments:

Post a Comment