Sunday, March 21, 2010

letting go...

I am working on my intention
(I just think most of us break resolutions so I like this terminology better)
for the new year to be a happier, healthier me. Thus in the spirit of that I have been working on decreasing the clutter in my house. I am amazed at the sheer number of books I own. I always knew it was a lot, but oh my. Currently I have 4 bags sitting by my door, 1 is going to a friend for her reading pleasure, 2 more are for the yard sale and the last is being taken to the local hospital as a donation. I love the feeling of letting go of this stuff, yet knowing that someone else will find joy from it.
Another thing I am doing is trying to change some habits I have that are not as good as they could be. I feel like I spend too much time playing on my computer when I could be exercising or spending time with those in my life who matter to me. In the spirit of that I deleted my twitter account. I basically use it to complain about stuff and part of my intention is to focus on the positive so why have it. As you might have noticed I haven't been blogging quite as much these days, but want to still have an outlet for my crazy thoughts so I will be popping on every once in a while still.
This week I am going to attempt a mini cleanse to get back into a healthier diet.
To be honest the foods I will be eating is how we should all eat every day.
It is fruits, veggies, lean proteins and no processed foods.The bottom line is if it comes from a package you shouldn't eat it. The hardest part will be the sweet stuff, I am only allowed 1 ounce of dark chocolate per day.
We shall see how the week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment